Sunday, December 13, 2009

Meat Floss

We had this morning free before we meet Lian. Eric needed to check in with his work email and voice mail, so Medora and I went exploring together. We found a western style doughnut and coffee shop and went in for a treat. What a hoot. The doughnuts had great western titles:
  • Duran Duran
  • Alcatraz
  • Bling Bling
  • Green Canyon

I bought "Bling Bling" and "Green Canyon", figuring I'd bring half of each back to Eric as a treat.

Oh my.

Green Canyon was fairly straightforward - your typical raised doughnut with a frosting the color of green tea. But it tasted totally normal and the raised doughnut was tasty.

Exhibit D: 12/14/2009 Mid-morning snack: Bling Bling had a light cream/yellow colored frosting, perhaps ecru would describe it well. It appeared to have finely ground peanuts on top. Yum, I thought. Wrong, I was. The stuff on top was meat floss. We've seen it offered on the breakfast buffet but neither of us had braved it yet. Somehow, they take meat and fluff it into little tiny strands/pieces... along the lines of meat cotton candy but less dense. In this case, I think it was pork meat floss. Also, the frosting had a vaguely meat-y flavor about it. I managed one bite. I guess I'm just not a Bling Bling kinda girl. :)

1 comment:

Anna Chronica said...

I hope Duran Duran was tasty. Knowing those boys, it might have just made your mouth numb. It wasn't covered with white powder, was it?